Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Family Update

Sorry I haven't updated before now but life has been a little hectic for the past few days.

First and most important, Granny Bobbie Jean is strong enough for the lung surgery and they have it scheduled for Monday, April 6th. They scheduled it 3 weeks out (from the date of her stress test) to give her lungs more time to heal from her recent pneumonia. The doctors say they will break a rib and cut out a wedge of her upper right lung. They are going to remove the tumor and more tissue around it to make sure they got everything. Please remember her in your prayers.

On a happier note, I got to visit some of my family from Pennsylvania last night. I got a call from my Grandpa on Monday afternoon that my great Aunt and Uncle were coming in Tuesday for the night and invited us over for dinner. It was a lot of fun. Its sad to have family live 18-20 hours away and not be able to see them very often but I thank God for the time we do have together.

We're going to DISNEY, we're going to Disney!!! We'll be hitting the parks April 1st-5th and I can't wait. I think I'm more excited than the boys. We were originally planning to stay until the 7th but we wanted to be back in time for Granny's surgery so we shortened it to Sunday. Five days is still plenty of time. I'm just praying for GREAT weather. I've been keeping an eye on the forecast and it changes almost daily. I think we can count on rain at least one day but we should be sunny and in the 80s the rest of the time.

Tyler's birthday is April 4th and since we'll be at Disney, we are having his birthday party this Sunday. Of all the themes he could choose, it had to be Star Wars. He's a Star Wars fanatic but I just don't understand the hype about it. LOL It should be a lot of fun regardless of the theme.

Now, if only I could snap my fingers and the suitcases be packed, the house clean and ready for the party......

No comments: